컨텐츠 바로기기

HOME > About KPA > History

History

The KPA was founded by urban planners on July 25, 1959 to advance the science of city planning. Its inauguration was held at KORCHAM, Seoul. The KPA is the first organization for professional city planners in Korea. The first president was the late Ju Won (1909-1988), who also served as the Minister of Construction in the Korean government.

From its earliest beginnings, the KPA was primarily concerned with public policy and legislation in urban planning. Over the following half-century, it has build a well established reputation as Korea's foremost authority on public policy and legislation in city planning. Its influence extends to the local, state and national levels of government.